Like I've verbally told each person already on the team, the only requirement to be on this team is to train consistently until the relay. If you haven't started training yet, take a look at the training calendars provided by the race coordinators:
Today (May 21, 2011) is one day less than 12 weeks away from the race start. The schedules are 15 week training schedules, so to make the most of the schedules, we should start on week 4 starting on Monday May 23 instead of at week 1.
I will be using a modified version of the intermediate and advanced training schedules mixed and matched. I hope you will also follow one of the schedules - or a modified version - so you can do well when it comes time for the race. I know I'm not going to be the fastest runner on the team, but I'm going to try hard not to be the slowest.
One last suggestion that I know works, and that the race coordinators suggest is to use a training log. Whether it be in a notebook or online, it's your choice. Just try to keep track of how far you run, and your times. That way you'll see how much you've progressed. The most popular running log system online is mapmyrun.com, and another useful logging system is at mybettershape.com.
I know this experience will be much more enjoyable for each of us if we put in the effort to sufficiently condition our bodies.
No comments:
Post a Comment